Thursday, November 10, 2011

+ Never Mind the Weather +

Showers pounding out a new beat
I trade my old shoes for new feet
I grab a new seat I don't like the one I got
The fabric's wearing through
And it's wearing me out
You're wearing me down
Watching old baseball games
And low budget telethons
Ain't like watching you yourself
When you yourself is on
Got time to wander to waste and to whine
But when it comes to you
It seems like I just can't find the time
So watch your head and then watch the ground
It's a silly time to learn to swim
When you start to drown
It's a silly time to learn to swim
On the way down
If I gave you my number
Would it still be the same
If I saved you from drowning
Promise me you'll never go away
Promise me you'll always stay
Closed down the last local zoo
I'm gonna win the endless war
Over who kills the last koala bear
And who in death will love him more and I
He grabs me by the hand
Drags me to the shore and says
Maybe you don't love me
But you'll grow to love me even more
And I well I'm not surprised

Today was a marvelous day, I really honestly cannot even tell you exactly why but it was truly amazing.
1. I woke up this morning and I was a little bit tired but I could actually get up and get ready without falling asleep again.
2. I wore my Dole Hawaii shirt to school... I love T-shirt days.
3. The homework that I forgot about yesterday for History ended up not being due today because we are doing our mock trial next class.
4. I got really good grades on both of my physiology projects plus accidental extra credit, Thank You Mrs. Abbott for that one.
5. I had a really good talk with my friend Cherissa in English and we got our work done really quickly and did a good job on it.
6. I had a simple, relaxed dance company day and I got to praise one of my dancing heroes on some of her choreography from last year.
7. I had an early out from school which is always good.
8. I drove my brother to band practice and we had a nice drive and talk. I just love him so much.
9. I took the most amazing nap I have ever taken, in fact people should be jealous of my nap.
10. I went to dance and had a new teacher for the first time, I really liked her and she really liked me. She said I was super cute and she even changed some parts of the dance when I truly accidentally gave her "really cute" ideas.
11. My mom made pasta salad for dinner, yummm. I love it when my mom makes my favorite things.
12. I went to the movie Footloose with 4 of my favorite people (my siblings and my aunt). The movie was so good: funny, good message, and... dancing.
13. I had a phone call with my best friend, Jess. I love it when we say random little things to each other that, one, wouldn't make sense to anyone but us, and two, are just insanely happy to talk to each other.
14. I now get to peacefully type on my blog and listen to the mumblings and little conversations going on in my family.
15. Then I get to go right to sleep because, to top of my wonderful day... I have no homework. :) that deserved and emoticon.

"Someday, everything will make sense. So for now laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason."

"Well-behaved women, seldom make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"Good feelings don't always come in the dame envelope as the right answer." - Robin Jones Gunn

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."


I really enjoy frozen treats: snow cones, popsicles, ice cream... I even love just plain ice, well especially pebble ice, but I try not to discriminate.

For the past little while I have been thinking a lot about what things are most important to me. I still haven't decided what those things are but as I have been thinking about it I have been trying to think of what makes something important. Is it how something makes you feel, and whatever makes you feel the best is the most important? Or is it what has the biggest impact on you? There are obviously lots of other ideas that could qualify something as important but, I have been thinking about these two significantly. Dance is something that I really like and it is something that has a very large impact on all aspects of my life. So is it important? Wouldn't it be sad if something or someone that had a very large impact on you was something that you didn't like? And what if that were true? Would that something still be important to you? Even if you didn't like it? Even if you absolutely hated it? I will have to think about this one a little more.

Well it's about ten minutes to eleven and though I don't have any homework to run off and go do, I do want to sleep some more because I need it... Plus I want to listen to my new favorite song a couple hundred times before I actually fall asleep. Goodnight.

No comments: