Sunday, January 1, 2012

Don't Forget Me... I Beg

I have been dying to write, so here we go... 
 People should not assume things about people based on any of these things:

  • How their parents are. 
  • How their siblings are. 
  • How they acted in elementary school. 
  • Their looks. 
  • Their clothes. 
  • Their Facebook accounts. 
  • The first words you hear from their mouths. 
  • What other people tell you about them. 
  • Their Job. 
  • Their income. 
  • Their Car. 
Well there is more too, but the reason I am stating these things is because I am tired of people always assuming they know a person, and know how they act, and know how they should act, and know what they should be responsible for when they haven't even talked to them face to face. All of the things above are remarkable hints to find out more about people but it is just not right to completely profile a person of of these things. You will never, and I mean it when I say never, never know a person until you have talked to them face to face. It is just a fact of life. In fact, that statement should be expounded to not being able to know a person until you have learned at least 20, important things about them through personal face to face conversation. It is crazy how people base so many beliefs about people off of just what they see. They say that actions speak louder than words, which can be true... but, that is just a statement to the masses because all the masses seem to only look and observe rather than listen and understand. I believe that talking to someone is the best way to know them, though observing, Facebook stalking, instagram and pinterest following, blog reading, and more can all be extremely fun... talk to people, about everything: life, love, happiness, interests and hobbies, art, politics, peace, war, food, colors, clothes... everything, and anything, and you will be surprised by all of the amazing things you will learn from those around you. It is sometimes challenging to get past looks, and first impressions but it is important that we try to get past them and just talk to them. Be better about it, THE END. 

Starting now, no one other than my mother and father is allowed to tell me what to do, unless I have asked them to tell me or I have put myself in a situation where I must be told (a class or something like that). But other than that... I hate it when people tell me what to do, or even say things like: "Oh it might be better if you did it this way) or flat out say things like: "do this now." It's annoying. Very.

I don't really understand the whole New Year's resolutions thing. Indeed, I have made some of my own but while I was making them I was thinking why in the world we choose the New Year to be the event of our partial and attempt at reformation. Why is it that very few people make constant, frequent, easily attainable goals all throughout the year instead they make a long list of resolutions that most don't even believe they are going to complete, once every year. It just seems silly, not that I am judging because I know I am victim to this constant cycle every year as well, and I have already had goals that I might not really complete. Maybe the problem though is not the frequency our reasonability or our goals but our beliefs that we cannot attain them. I think that this year as I make my resolutions I will force myself to trust and believe in my ability to use these goals to my advantage and really try to attain them. Ya, I just came up with that, good decision I think. Yes, jolly good.
"You should be happier than you are."

"Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you." - Ovid

"Respect people who find time for you in their busy schedule. But love people who never look at their schedule when you need them."

"If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking permission."

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks to change himself."

"Wherever you are, be all there." - Jim Elliot

"I have learned that if you love life, it will always love you back."

"It is a sad fate for a man to die to known to everyone else, and unknown to himself."

"We are too young to realize that things are impossible, so we will do them anyway."
Maybe one day I will be a writer, that sounds kind of like a stressful life that I might not enjoy very much but I think it would depend on what I am writing. THE END. 

No comments: