Thursday, February 2, 2012

Kiss Me Then I'll Wake Up

"A big part of math is simply knowing your calculator." - Mrs. Taylor 
 It's funny when people are walking down the hall all alone and for some reason they decide to walk the other way and, instead of simply turning around and going the other way, they feel like they need to say something out loud to the random passers to explain why they look like a total idiot for going in the wrong direction. -- "Oh, ya!" -- "Hahaha, other way..." -- "Oh darn! My violin!" -- "Whoops, wrong direction..." -- "Agg, other way! --- Those are just a few of the things I have heard this week.
 "He who has a 'why' to live, can bear with almost any 'how'." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Be who you are, and say what you feel. Because those who mind don't matter and those that matter, don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

"Bad memories are like bullets. Some whiz by and only spook you. Others tear you open and leave you in pieces."

"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they are right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself." - Marilyn Monroe

" 'Tell me one last thing," said Harry, 'Is this real? Or has this just been inside my head?' 'Of course it's happening inside your head, Harry, but why does that mean that it is not real?' "

"You can't just sit around and wait for things to happen. You have to make things happen. Begin with no fears and end with no regrets. What would you do if you weren't afraid? if you knew you couldn't fail? In life, sure, you get second chances, but at least make your first shot count." - unknown

"ELIZABETH: John, I counted myself so plain, so poorly made, no honest love could come to me! Suspicion kissed you when I did; I never knew how I should say my love. It were a cold house I kept!" - The Crucible 


"What do we live for if not to make others lives easier?"
 I love the teachers who conveniently plan their end of chapter math tests to be on a Friday. Some of you might think, "Oh that stinks, a Math test on Friday?!" but I see the hidden treasure... NO HOMEWORK OVER THE WEEKEND!! Sounds perfect to me!

I feel like most of the material put into this world is ridiculously overanalyzed. Writing, Music, Art, Dance, Historical Events, Language/Sayings, and even numbers. Sometimes I think that the population of the world is too busied by a search for a deeper meaning in everything. I think that things do have a deep meaning and it should be recognized to some extent, but why should we spend so much time analyzing others deep meanings and messages when we could be creating our own.

Why is being literal considered so rude and/or ugly? While being figurative, evasive and a bush beater is pretty and clever and elegant. I wish people would/could just say what they mean.

No comments: