Sunday, December 11, 2011

Ponder Yourself

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with his success unexpected in common hours."-Henry David Thoreau


I wish that this was me, I want to hold this many huge balloons at once, maybe even more... so I could fly away.

Lately all I have wanted to be is a Princess who lived in the fairytale world of dragons and princes and high towers, I wouldn't even mind being locked in a high tower for a while with a wicked witch climbing up my long gorgeous hair everyday if I eventually had a prince come and save me, as long as I had the long gorgeous hair and I eventually got the price charming of my dreams. It is time for fairytales to be real. I am ready.

 Do you ever feel like you are sitting in a chair a lot like this one and staring at a wall slightly like this? Do you feel like you are constantly searching for something more and you just can't seem to see anything but white? And you just can't seem to find anything of real importance in the wall before you but you are still inspired by the way it looks. I am not sure if I know what I am trying to get at here, but I like this picture.
 "Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up." 
- Bible: Ecclesiastes

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him, his own."
-Benjamin Disraeli

"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being."
-Goethe

"Friendship with oneself is all-important because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world."
- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Thus nature has no love for solitude, and always leans, as it were, on some support; and the sweetest support is found in the most intimate friendship."
- Cicero


Sometimes I think about doing my homework, which is a step in the right direction, then I start to reason with myself and think of all the possibilities I have of maybe getting out of doing it. Then I think of what I want to do with my life, and how failing high school is not a good way to start my future with brightness... then I do my homework. And life stays nice. 
I let it fall, my heart,
And as it fell you rose to claim it
It was dark and I was over
Until you kissed my lips and you saved me
My hands, they're strong
But my knees were far too weak
To stand in your arms
Without falling to your feet
But there's a side to you
That I never knew, never knew.
All the things you'd say
They were never true, never true,
And the games you play
You would always win, always win.
But I set fire to the rain,
Watched it pour as I touched your face,
Well, it burned while I cried
'Cause I heard it screaming out your name, your name!
When I lay with you
I could stay there
Close my eyes
Feel you here forever
You and me together
Nothing gets better


Belting Adele like nothing else matters in life but the sound of your voice usually helps you feel a lot better about things. Singing so loud you feel like you are going to go deaf from your own sound waves is the best way to do it as well. There aren't very many artists that you can listen to their songs and feel like belting their songs is the best thing to do. I always feel like this with Adele, I sang through bother her albums twice today while doing homework and it was great. 

No comments: